Thanks to the generosity of our donors, dedicated to investing in students’ futures, we administer scholarship funds through an open application process. Some scholarships help students from a particular school or program; others provide financial assistance to those pursuing a specific field of study; still others assist students most in need.
To learn more about creating a scholarship fund at the Community Foundation visit Creating a Fund.
Review the criteria for each scholarship to determine eligibility.
- Ashlyn Lamberth Memorial Scholarship Fund – open to Bradley High School seniors
- Coombs Motivation Scholarship Fund – open to all local public school seniors
- Luanne Winn Memorial Scholarship Fund – graduate degree (master’s or doctorate) program pursuing a career in the medical field at an accredited institution of higher education
- Ocoee Foundation Scholarship Fund – open to all local seniors pursuing a degree in a healthcare related field
- Swiger/Norton Journalism Scholarship
How to Apply
The steps outlined below will help you select the scholarship that best suits you and allow you to apply in a timely manner. If you have any questions in the process, please feel free to contact Cathy Barrett.
STEP 1: Read the requirements and guidelines in their entirety for each of the scholarship applications.
STEP 2: Select the scholarships that you are eligible to apply.
STEP 3: Print off the application form and complete it. Make sure to include any additional materials the application(s) may require ie: SAR-Student Aid Report, an official transcript, letter(s) of recommendation, or essay(s).
STEP 4: Mail the completed application to the Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County, P.O. Box 4474, Cleveland, TN 37320 or deliver it to the office – 1796 Mount Vernon Drive.
The Community Foundation Scholarship Timeline:
|January||Scholarship applications are available to the general public.|
|January – Mid March||Complete and submit scholarship application, along with all support materials to The Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County by the deadline.|
|Late April||Scholarship Committee meets and selects recipients|
|Mid May||Applicants notified about Committee’s decisions.|
|Late May – Mid July||Final materials received from all recipients.|
|Late July – Early August||Checks are sent to the institutions.|