The Cleveland Dog Park is a joint effort between the City of Cleveland and private donors. The City of Cleveland donated the land, benches, trash cans, and pine tree removal, which were replaced by hardwood varietal. The park is located in Tinsley Park and will be maintained by the City of Cleveland. Features include:
- Large Dog Area – .59 acres for dogs over 30 pounds
- Small Dog Area – .33 acres for dogs under 30 pounds
- Six foot tall vinyl coated chain-link fence
- Two gazebo/shelter areas
- 12 park benches
- 10 new hardwood trees
- Bermuda sod covering 75% of ground area – fully sprinkled
- Woof Fiber covering 25% of ground area – Woof Fiber is shredded hardwood chemically treated to deal with dog droppings and its scent encourages them to go elsewhere, preferably on the sod.
- Concrete area between dog parks showcases permanent recognition for large donors and individually engraved bricks to recognize donors and their pets.
Donor recognition opportunities still available include:
|Paver||Name on brick paver||$150|
|Tree||Plaque at the base of the tree||Complete|
|Bench||Plaque by the bench||Complete|
|Fountain||Plaque by the fountain||$3,000|
|Silver||Recognition at entrance (graduated sizes)||Complete|
|Gold||Recognition at entrance (graduated sizes)||Complete|
|Pavilion||Recognition at entrance (graduated sizes)||Complete|
|Park||Naming rights for large or small dog park||$20,000+|
Donations are made by simply writing a check to the Foundation designated to the Fund or online.