Cathy Barrett is the President of the Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County. She joined the Foundation in September of 2014. Her background includes work in both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Before coming to the Community Foundation Cathy was Community Relations Manager for Unum in Chattanooga – managing charitable contributions and volunteer programs. During her career she has served as Executive Director for Cleveland Associated Industries and Junior Achievement.
Cathy has also served on the board of directors for Creative Discovery Museum, Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians, Fortwood Center, Junior Achievement, United Way, and Museum Center at 5ive Points, Cleveland Vocational Rehabilitation and Opportunity for Adult Reading.
Cathy holds a MBA and a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. She is a native of Cleveland, Tennessee.
Board of Directors
The Community Foundation has a strong system of governance with stringent internal controls and guidelines in place. The diverse Board of Directors that oversees all aspects of the Foundation’s work is an important part of the Foundation’s overall structure.
- Chairman: Ed McIntire, Physician – Tennessee Valley Urology
- Vice Chair: Jack Robbins, Account Executive – J. Smith Lanier
- Treasurer: Tommy Arrendale, CPA – Harting, Bishop and Arrendale
- Secretary: William “Buster” Stuart, Financial Advisor – Ameriprise
- Catherine Boettner, Business Strategist
- Ben Chandler, Easy Auto/Sunrise Acceptance
- Ginger Wilson Buchanan, Attorney
- William Johnson, Physician – Retired
- Adonia Latham, First Tennessee
- Jim Park, Vice President – Hardwick Clothes
- Cindy Powers, Community Volunteer
- Alan Smith, Chairman – Community Trust & Banking Company
- Tom Thomas, Branch Manager and Financial Advisor – Raymond James Financial