The Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County is a public, nonprofit, community foundation created by and for the people of Bradley County, where many donors join together to make the region they love a better place, today and for future generations. A wide variety of assets can be accepted to serve almost any charitable purpose. The Foundation is a collection of individual charitable funds established by individuals, families, businesses, other nonprofits and foundations. With or without great wealth, our donors come from every corner of the community to achieve their charitable goals and impact a broad range of needs.
Established in 2008, the Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County is one of about 750 community foundations in the United States. The Foundation offers a variety of ways to make an impact in our community through charitable giving. Donors are able to maximize charitable gifts during their lifetimes and to provide perpetual gifts through endowments.
To strengthen and enrich the community through engaged philanthropy that serves donors, builds permanent endowments, promotes effective grant making and stimulates community collaborations.
What is a community foundation?
In legal terms, a community foundation is a tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) publicly supported foundation governed by its own board of directors and created to serve a specific geographical area. The first community foundation was created in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1914. Today, community foundations in the United States have assets of more than $48 billion.
What We Do
- Build endowment, a permanent source of philanthropic funding for charitable causes.
- Help donors plan and carry out their charitable giving in the community, and across the country.
- Simplify giving so donors can focus on their charitable passions.
- Partner with other foundations, public agencies and the business sector, to create change and bring a consistent voice of leadership to critical community issues.
- Advance innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
- Strengthen the community.